Friday, June 20, 2008

Trip to Sioux Fall South Dakota

One of Rich, Isaac, Shawn, CJ & CJ's friend Daniel favorite things to do is drive all over the United States and purchase damaged vehicles or pick up parts to repair other vehicles. Rich needed to go to Sioux Falls, South Dakota and pick up a cab for a truck he is repairing. Since CJ is gone on his mission and both Isaac & Shawn needed to stay to run the business's he asked me to go. We left Sunday afternoon and drove staight to Sioux Falls. (LONG DRIVE!) Rich was in his "Mall of America" there. He had so much fun. He got his cab all loaded up on the trailer and then looked at me with this sheepish grin. "Come and look at this car" he said. Well this is treasure hunting for Rich and the boys. He found a damaged 06 Kia. "What do you think--what do you think" he kept asking me? Well it looks wrecked to me I would say. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he really wanted to purchase it. The whole idea of us going was to spend a few days together "bonding!" "So how are we going to get it home" I asked. Another sheepish grin and I knew I was driving it clear back to Shelley, Idaho. So with Rich and Simba in the truck pulling the trailer I started following them with the buy of the month. It was hot--and guess what--I had to roll the windows down by hand. Okay--now to find the air conditioner! No air conditioning! Well okay--the wind works--and I'm by myself so up with the music and wind in the hair. We are now on the interstate going west. Where is the cruise control. What no cruise! Okay--Rich--this had better be good on fuel! It was!! Rich asked me if I had ever been to Mount Rushmore. I had not and it was Monday night so we got a hotel and spent the night. After some much needed rest and a good shower we walked out of our hotel and there it was! Mount Rushmore!

Rich and Simba with Mount Rushmore in the background.

I felt like a little kid with excitement as we walked in. Rich still looks sexy!

I couldn't believe that I was there--it looked just like the movies.

We went for the walk and it was fantastic to get so close.

Here we are with our great buys, Rich's new cab and the Kia.

Simba is looking at the Kia's dents. Not bad he thinks.

2 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

As a current Kia owner I have to give Rich his props, good purchase. I'm with you though Dot, no A/C and cruise is a bummer sometimes, but the gas mileage makes up for it.

Crystal Taylor said...

Please don't call dad sexy that's just gross!!!